4.7 Be confident around automotive functional safety
2020 Automotive TI Tech Day sessionMany automotive systems are related to functional safety. In this session, you will get a step-by-step introduction to automotive functional safety standard ISO26262 and some practical tips and hints including:
- How automotive functional safety systems differ from those in industry automation?
- The most important terms, acronyms and functional safety concepts.
- Classification of faults in the system.
- The hierarchy of automotive system suppliers in terms of functional safety.
- What is an ASIL rating? Who and how are safety goals classified with ASIL ratings?
- How are hardware components classified and how does it match with TI's portfolio?