1.1 C2000™ F28004x Microcontroller Workshop
NOTE: This workshop is applicable to the TMS320F28002x device family.
The C2000 TMS320F28004x Microcontroller Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F280049C device. This device shares many common features and peripherals that are also found on the other C2000 family members. Therefore, this workshop is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about the C2000 microcontrollers. Learning is accomplished through detailed presentation materials and hands-on lab exercises. This workshop has been developed to decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market. Also, this workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users.
The workshop starts with the basic concepts and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common theme throughout the workshop. All of the lab exercises are written using the Peripheral Driver Library and are performed on the F280049C LaunchPad development kit. The materials guide the user through system initialization, peripheral setup, and programming an application into flash memory using the Code Composer Studio on-chip flash programmer.
- Architecture Overview
- Programming Development Environment -- Lab: Linker command file
- Peripheral Register Programming
- Reset and Interrupts
- System Initialization -- Lab: Watchdog and interrupts
- Analog Subsystem -- Lab: Build a data acquisition system
- Control Peripherals -- Lab: Generate and graph a PWM waveform
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) -- Lab: Use DMA to buffer ADC results
- Control Law Accelerator (CLA) -- Lab: Use CLA to filter PWM waveform
- System Design -- Lab: Run the code from flash memory
- Communications -- Lab: SCI echoback from C2000Ware
- Support Resources
Running the Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows 7 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F280049C LaunchPad (product number: LAUNCHXL-F280049C)
- Code Composer Studio v9.0.1
- Jumper wire
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “TI XDS Debug Probe Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 1.0 July 2019
- F28004x Microcontroller Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the C:\F28004x folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “F28004x Microcontroller Workshop-1.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- F28004x Microcontroller Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)