C2000™ F2802x Microcontroller Workshop
NOTE: The workshop materials on this page are no longer being updated or maintained, and are provided “as is”. However, the workshop materials can still be very useful for learning about the device. The CCS projects which are used with the lab exercise source files may need to be recreated for use with later versions of the software. Also, the hardware target (i.e. development board) may be discontinued.
The C2000 TMS320F2802x Microcontroller Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F28027 device. This device shares many common features and peripherals that are also found on the other C2000 family members. Therefore, this workshop is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about the C2000 microcontrollers. Learning is accomplished through detailed presentation materials and hands-on lab exercises. This workshop has been developed to decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market. Also, this workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users.
The workshop starts with the basic concepts and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common theme throughout the workshop. All of the lab exercises are written using the Peripheral Register Header Files and are performed on the F28027 controlSTICK. The materials guide the user through system initialization, peripheral setup, and programming an application into flash memory using the Code Composer Studio on-chip flash programmer.
- Workshop Introduction
- Architecture Overview
- Programming Development Environment -- Lab: Linker command file
- Peripheral Register Header Files
- Reset, Interrupts, and System Initialization -- Lab: Watchdog and interrupts
- Control Peripherals -- Lab: Generate and graph a PWM waveform
- Flash Programming -- Lab: Run the code from flash memory
- The Next Step...
Running the Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows XP or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28027 controlSTICK - Discontinued -- Recommend F28027 Experimenter Kit (product number: TMDSDOCK28027)
- Code Composer Studio v4.2.0
- Jumper wire
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “TI XDS Debug Probe Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 2.1 December 2010
- F2802x Microcontroller Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the C:\C28x folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “C2000 Piccolo 1-Day Workshop-2.1-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- F2802x Microcontroller Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)