1.7 C2000™ F280x Microcontroller Workshop
NOTE: The workshop materials on this page are no longer being updated or maintained, and are provided “as is”. However, the workshop materials can still be very useful for learning about the device. The CCS projects which are used with the lab exercise source files may need to be recreated for use with later versions of the software. Also, the hardware target (i.e. development board) may be discontinued.
The C2000 TMS320F280x Microcontroller Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F2808 device. Learning is accomplished through detailed presentation materials and hands-on lab exercises. This workshop has been developed to decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market. Also, this workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users.
The workshop starts with the basic concepts and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common theme throughout the workshop. All of the lab exercises are written using the Peripheral Register Header Files and are performed on the Spectrum Digital eZdsp F2808 target board. The materials guide the user through system initialization, peripheral setup, and programming an application into flash memory using the Code Composer Studio on-chip flash programmer.
- Architecture Overview
- Programming Development Environment -- Lab: Linker command file & DSP/BIOS configuration tool
- Peripheral Register Header Files
- Reset and Interrupts
- System Initialization -- Lab: Watchdog and interrupts
- Analog-to-Digital Converter -- Lab: Build a data acquisition system
- Control Peripherals -- Lab: Generate and graph a PWM waveform
- Numerical Concepts and IQ Math -- Lab: Low-pass filter the PWM waveform
- Using DSP/BIOS -- Lab: Change the code to use DSP/BIOS
- System Design -- Lab: Run the code from flash memory
- Support Resources
Running the Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows XP or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Spectrum Digital eZdsp F2808
- Code Composer Studio v3.1.0 (DSP/BIOS 4.9)
- Jumper wire