C2000™ F2837xD Microcontroller 1-Day Workshop Series
The C2000 F2837xD Microcontroller One-Day Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the dual-core TMS320F28379D device. This device shares many common features and peripherals found on the other C2000 device families. Therefore, this workshop will be very useful to anyone interested in learning more about the C2000 microcontroller family of devices.
This workshop will help you gain an understanding and working knowledge of the C2000 microcontroller through detailed presentations and hands-on lab exercises. It starts with the basic concepts and progress to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Topics include an architectural overview, the programming development environment, system initialization, the analog subsystem, control peripherals, and inter-processor communications (IPC).
Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common application theme throughout the workshop. The lab exercises are performed using the F28379D LaunchPad development kit. At the end of the workshop you should be confident in applying the skills learned in your product design.
Running The Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows 7 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28379D LaunchPad (product number: LAUNCHXL-F28379D)
- Code Composer Studio v6.2.0
- Two (2) jumper wires (not included with the F28379D LaunchPad)
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 32-bit Real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “XDS100 Class Emulator Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 2.0 November 2016
- C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and student guide into the c:/F2837xD folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop-2.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop Student Guide (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)