1.2 C2000™ F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop
NOTE: This workshop is applicable to the TMS320F2838xD device family.
The C2000 TMS320F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F28379D device. The TMS320F28379D provides the optimal solution for high performance control, and features a dual-core microcontroller with integrated analog subsystems and communications interfaces into a single device. This device shares many common features and peripherals that are also found on the other C2000 family members. Therefore, this workshop is ideal for anyone interested in learning more about the C2000 microcontrollers. Learning is accomplished through detailed presentation materials and hands-on lab exercises. This workshop has been developed to decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market. Also, this workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users.
The workshop starts with the basic concepts and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common theme throughout the workshop. All of the lab exercises are written using the Peripheral Register Header Files and are performed on the F28379D LaunchPad development kit. The materials guide the user through system initialization, peripheral setup, inter-processor communications, and programming an application into flash memory using the Code Composer Studio on-chip flash programmer.
- Architecture Overview
- Programming Development Environment -- Lab: Linker command file
- Peripheral Register Header Files
- Reset and Interrupts
- System Initialization -- Lab: Watchdog and interrupts
- Analog Subsystem -- Lab: Build a data acquisition system
- Control Peripherals -- Lab: Generate and graph a PWM waveform
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) -- Lab: Use DMA to buffer ADC results
- Control Law Accelerator (CLA) -- Lab: Use CLA to filter PWM waveform
- System Design -- Lab: Run the code from flash memory
- Dual-Core Inter-Processor Communications (IPC) -- Lab: Transfer data using IPC
- Support Resources
Running the Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows 7 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28379D LaunchPad (product number: LAUNCHXL-F28379D)
- Code Composer Studio v7.3.0
- Jumper wire
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “TI XDS Debug Probe Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 2.0 January 2018
- F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the C:\C28x folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop-2.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)
** Condensed Workshop Version with Video **
You can view the on-line version of this workshop here: F2837xD Microcontroller On-Line Workshop