1.9 C2000™ F28M35x Microcontroller Workshop
NOTE: The workshop materials on this page are no longer being updated or maintained, and are provided “as is”. However, the workshop materials can still be very useful for learning about the device. The CCS projects which are used with the lab exercise source files may need to be recreated for use with later versions of the software. Also, the hardware target (i.e. development board) may be discontinued.
The C2000 28M35x Microcontroller Workshop is a hands-on technical course based on the F28M35H52C1 device. This device is a multicore system-on-chip microcontroller unit (MCU) with independent communication and real-time control subsystems. Learning is accomplished through detailed presentation materials and hands-on lab exercises. This workshop has been developed to decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market. Also, this workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users.
The workshop starts with the basic concepts and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical fashion. Each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one that was presented, running a common theme throughout the workshop. All of the lab exercises are written using the Peripheral Register Header Files and are performed on the F28M35H52C1Experimenter kit. The materials guide the user through system initialization, peripheral configuration, and inter-processor communications.
- Workshop Introduction
- Programming Development Environment -- Lab: Using Code Composer Studio with the F28M35x
- Resets and System Initialization
- Architectural Overview - Master M3 Subsystem -- Lab: Generating a Master M3 Subsystem Interrupt
- Architectural Overview - Control C28 Subsystem -- Lab: Generating a Control C28 Subsystem Interrupt
- Analog Subsystem -- Lab: Capture ePWM waveform with ADC
- Inter-Processor Communications (IPC) -- Lab: Data Transfer using Inter-Processor Communications
- Safety Features
- Other Resources - The Next Step...
Running the Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows XP or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28M35H52C1 Experimenter Kit (product number: TMDSDOCKH52C1)
- Code Composer Studio v5.5.0
- Jumper wire
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C28x 32-bit Real-time MCUs” • Select Components – choose “TI C2800 Compiler Tools” and "TI ARM Compiler Tools" • Select Emulators – choose “XDS100 Class Emulator Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 3.0 March 2014
- F28M35x Microcontroller Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the C:\F28M35x folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “F28M35x Workshop-3.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- F28M35x Microcontroller Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)