2.11 Connect: What is wireless condition monitoring?
In the most basic definition, condition monitoring is the ability to monitor the health of a system to predict a motor failure. J.D. explains that using the high precision ADC MCUs offered in the SimpleLink MCU Platform, that lead time can be extended to a 3-6 month lead time before the system fails with vibration condition monitoring. The SimpleLink MCUs come with precision ADC offers the best condition monitoring and sensing platform to capture sensor data more accurately, analyze data more efficiently, communicate more easily and ultimately make smarter decisions quickly.
The benefits of using the SimpleLink™ MSP432 for condition monitoring are:
- Lower system cost (more then 20%) by leveraging integrated high (greater than 14-bit) precision ADC
- Measuring of wide bandwidth signals from multiple sources with 1MSPS ADC
- Energy efficient processing in the edge node with DSP libraries
- Several memory options (up to 2MB) for storing and processing sensor data
- Wired and wireless communication options supported by the SimpleLink SDK