1.7 Digitally Controlled Interleaved LLC Resonant Converter: TIDM-1001
Resonant converters are popular DC-DC converters frequently used in server, telecom, automotive, industrial and other power supply applications. Their high performance (efficiency, power density, etc.), improving requirements of the various industry standards, and the ever increasing power density goals have made these converters a good choice for medium to high power applications.
This presentation provides details of a digitally-controlled 500W two-phase interleaved LLC resonant converter TI design: TIDM-1001. This converter is controlled by a single, C2000 microcontroller (MCU), which generates PWM switching waveforms under all operating modes and implements a new current sharing technique to accurately achieve current balancing between phases.
- Digitally controlled two phase interleaved LLC resonant DC-to-DC converter
- Excellent current sharing between phases without any additional hardware
- Peak efficiency: 94.5%. Efficiency > 90% for all loads above 10% of rated load
- powerSUITE support for easy adaptation of software for a customized power level
- Fault protection: phase/output over-current, output over-voltage, and input under-voltage and overvoltage
- Phase shedding with programmable limits