Embedded Android® Boot Camp™ presented by Barr Group
Barr Group's Embedded Android® Boot Camp™ is a 4-day immersion into the Linux kernel and Android operating system and its use on embedded hardware platforms. This intense educational (yet fun) program is designed to lead software engineers through the steps of bringing up embedded hardware with the Android OS, developing custom device drivers, and publishing the APIs of those custom Linux device drivers to Android apps. Attendees will complete approximately ten hands-on programming exercises, including a large app-to-driver capstone. Exercises are interspersed with the lectures and all take place on an ARM Cortex-A8 processor board that attendees can keep. Computers will be provided for each student to perform the necessary Android builds. Students will not need to bring laptops.
What you will learn
- Build a bootloader, the Linux kernel, and Android
- Create and debug Linux and Android device drivers for unique hardware
- Add custom system services and frameworks to Android
- Call custom C libraries from Java
- Integrate custom Android and C apps into Android
- Call C code from Java using JNI
- Improve the security of your Android device
- Tips for speeding Android ports and AOSP builds
Attendees should arrive with a working familiarity of the C programming language and experience writing embedded software.
*Early Registration Pricing ends 2 weeks prior to the scheduled course start date for Barr Group held training sessions and will increase to $2,899.00 USD.
** VAT included in all European pricing.