Getting Started with TI-RTOS: Chapter 11—using mailbox
Chapter 11 covers these topics and answers these questions:
Passing Data between Threads
- What are common ways to pass data between TI-RTOS threads and Tasks?
- Is it safe to use globals to pass data between threads?
- Explain the producer-consumer model.
- What about priority-inversion? This is handled in an advanced/bonus chapter.
Creating and Using a Mailbox
- What is a TI-RTOS, BIOS, SYS/BIOS Mailbox?
- How does a TI-RTOS Mailbox work?
- How do you create a TI-RTOS Mailbox?
- How do you use a TI-RTOS Mailbox to pass data between Tasks?
- Does TI-RTOS Mailbox have built-in signaling between sender and receiver?
- Please compare a TI-RTOS mailbox to a TI-RTOS queue.
Lab 11 – Using Mailbox
- How do you program a TI-RTOS Mailbox to pass data between two Tasks?
- How do you program Mailbox_post();?
- How do you use Mailbox_pend();?