Getting Started with TI-RTOS: Chapter 12—using events
Chapter 12 covers these topics and answers these questions:
Events – Intro
- What is an event?
- Define event?
- How is an event different than an interrupt or a BIOS event?
- What is the strict definition of a TI-RTOS, BIOS, SYS/BIOS Event?
- How does a TI-RTOS Event work?
- How do you program a TI-RTOS Event?
Pending on Multiple Semaphores
- Can you use multiple semaphores to unblock a TI-RTOS Task?
- What is the Event Object?
Creating and Using Events
- How do you create an Event object statically?
- How do you create an Event object dynamically?
- What does an Event Object contain?
- How does the Event mask work?
- What is an OR mask and what is an AND mask?
Posting Events with Semaphores
- Can a Sempahore_post() also post an EVENT?
- Can Mailbox_post() also post an Event?
- How does Event_post() work?
- How does Event_pend() work?
Lab 12 – Using Events
- How do you program an Event to blink an LED?
- How do you program and use Event_post()?
- How do you program and use Event_pend()?