Getting Started with TI-RTOS: Chapter 6—TI-RTOS mechanics
Chapter 6 covers these topics and answers these questions:
Creating a TI-RTOS Project
- How do you create a starter (empty) project when using TI-RTOS?
- What is a step-by-step method for using an example out of TI Resource Explorer to create a starter TI-RTOS project?
- Can someone help de-mystify all of the starter examples in the Simplelink SDK?
Lab 6A – Creating an Empty TI-RTOS Driver Project
- Create an empty project using TI starting examples from TI Resource Explorer
Basic RTOS Configuration
- How does the TI-RTOS configuration (.cfg) file work and what is contained inside of it?
- How do you add services to TI-RTOS statically?
- How do you add services to TI-RTOS dynamically?
- How do you add the Idle service to TI-RTOS?
- How do you add a function to the Idle thread in TI-RTOS?
RTOS Object Viewer (ROV)
- What is ROV? What is the RTOS Object Viewer?
- How do you use the RTOS Object Viewer (ROV)?
- What is the best tool to use to debug TI-RTOS application?
BIOS Footprint & Timing Benchmarks
- What is the TI-RTOS Footprint?
- How much program space does TI-RTOS take?
- How much data RAM does TI-RTOS take?
- How fast is TI-RTOS?
- Can TI-RTOS be used in a real-time application?
Lab 6B – Using Idle
- Add Idle function to an existing TI-RTOS application
- How do you use BIOS_start(); ?
- How do you use BIOS_exit(); ?