TI Precision Labs - Motor drivers: Stepper motors
The stepper motor is perhaps the most misunderstood motor type, yet it can provide incredible benefits to systems that require motors to perform simple position control. This video series explains what a stepper motor is, how it works and how you would drive it.
View videos in this series:
- Stepper motor driver basics - Introduction of the basic construction and mechanics of a stepper motor driver
- Drive circuit for stepper motor drivers - Explanation of the type of circuit used to drive a stepper motor with basic to advanced examples
- Microstepping in bipolar stepper motors - Description of full stepping, half-stepping and microstepping in stepper motor drivers
- Integrated stepper driver control interfaces - Description of common interfaces used on integrated stepper drivers and how to microstep with PH/EN & VREF or with a STEP/DIR part
- Stall detection - Explanation of how to determine a stepper motor stall condition and stepper back-EMF
- Smart tune - Description ofbsmart tune technology, how it works and its benefits to the stepper motor system
- Audible noise - Learn the causes of audible noise in stepper motors and how to prevent it.