1.5 Power Tips: Layout for a Buck Power Stage
This video shows a simplified schematic and PCB layout for a buck converter. The critical current paths are identified and component placement is optimized based on the high frequency switching currents.
- Visit TI's Power Tips blog series on Power House for more tips on power design challenges.
- Learn more about power topologies with the Power Topology Quick Reference Guide.
- View TI's World of Power series for additional training on power supply designs.
- Design the power stage of most commonly used switchmode power supplies with the Power Stage Designer™ Tool.
- For more power supply technical content, visit TI's comprehensive library of white papers from the popular TI Power Supply Design Seminar series.