TI Precision Labs - Op amps: Bandwidth
Did you know when calculating op amp bandwith you should always use the non-inverting gain? Do you know why bandwidth impacts Iq?
In addition to answering those questions, we will show you nearly everything you ever wanted to know about op amp bandwidth including:
- Learn how Aol, loop gain, and 1/beta are used on bode plots to predict amplifier performance over frequency.
- Derive equations for the locations of poles and zeros using resistors, capacitors, and amplifier frequency limitations.
- Practice techniques for plotting poles and zeros on bode plots, and cover graphical and mathematical computations for closed loop bandwidth.
- Study how the time domain is related to the frequency domain using bode plots and scope results.
- Understand the relationship between bandwidth and Iq by using simplified models of the amplifier’s internal circuits.
This video series covers op amp bandwidth theory, then applies it to a hands-on lab which includes TINA-TI circuit simulations and experimentation using a real circuit with test equipment.