2.3 Power Tips: Watch that capacitator RMS ripple current rating
In this Power Tip Robert Kollman discusses a mistake designers make often and that is putting too much ripple current into a capacitor that may shorten its lifetime.
- Visit TI's Power Tips blog series on Power House for more tips on power design challenges.
- Learn more about power topologies with the Power Topology Quick Reference Guide.
- View TI's World of Power series for additional training on power supply designs.
- Design the power stage of most commonly used switchmode power supplies with the Power Stage Designer™ Tool.
- For more power supply technical content, visit TI's comprehensive library of white papers from the popular TI Power Supply Design Seminar series.