1.4 MSP430 Workshop Series 4b of 12 - Clocks
Download Workshop Files
|Workshop Lab Files:||MSP_Design_Workshop_Lab_Files.exe||EXE||(50MB)|
|NOTES:||-||Install 'either' the .exe or .zip files provided above. The .zip file was added for Linux and Mac users.|
|-||When you download the 'setup' file, you may notice that the ".exe" portion of the filename has been removed. If this happens, simply rename the file,|
|and append ".exe" to the end of the filename so you can run the installer. This is an issue with our server which we hope to resolve soon.|
|-||If you are using an older device (without Driver Library support), we suggest that you read/watch|
|the chapter discussions in this workshop, but refer to the labs and solutions found in the 'G2553 Value-Line LaunchPad Workshop .|
Running The Labs
Most of these sections includes an in-depth lab that will step you through the usage, programming and testing of the peripheral(s) or tool(s) covered.
To run the labs, you will need the following:
- A Windows 7 (or later), Linux, or MacOS (beta) computer with 1.5GB or more free hard drive space.
- (Note, though, that the lab directions were written and validated against the Windows version of tools.)
- Install the following according to the Installation Guide (see link above):
- The workshop materials:
- The workshop course manual (see link above)
- The labs and solutions files (see link above)
- One of the following LaunchPad EVM's:
|MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad Kit||(MSP-EXP430F5529LP)||(US $12.99)|
|MSP430FR4133 FRAM LCD LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR4133)||(US $13.99)|
|MSP430FR5969 FRAM LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR5969)||(US $15.99)|
|MSP430FR6989 FRAM LCD LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR6989)||(US $17.99)|
|MSP432P401R 32-bit LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP432P401R)||(US $12.99)|
One female-to-female jumper wire (here’s a pack of them, as an example, from adafruit).
If you are using the F5529 USB LaunchPad, you will need to use the new MSP-FET for measuring energy usage during the Low Power Optimization lab exercise.
- MSP-FET (Flash/FRAM Emulation Tool) supports measurement of energy with the EnergyTrace feature for all MSP430 devices (US $115.00)