MSP430 Workshop Series
Download Workshop Files
|Workshop Lab Files:||MSP_Design_Workshop_Lab_Files.exe||EXE||(50MB)|
- Install 'either' the .exe or .zip files provided above. The .zip file was added for Linux and Mac users.
- When you download the 'setup' file, you may notice that the ".exe" portion of the filename has been removed. If this happens, simply rename the file, and append ".exe" to the end of the filename so you can run the installer. This is an issue with our server which we hope to resolve soon.
- If you are using an older device (without Driver Library support), we suggest that you read/watch the chapter discussions in this workshop, but refer to the labs and solutions found in the 'G2553 Value-Line LaunchPad Workshop .
Most of these sections includes an in-depth lab that will step you through the usage, programming and testing of the peripheral(s) or tool(s) covered.
To run the labs, you will need the following:
- A Windows 7 (or later), Linux, or MacOS (beta) computer with 1.5GB or more free hard drive space.
- (Note, though, that the lab directions were written and validated against the Windows version of tools.)
- Install the following according to the Installation Guide (see link above):
- The workshop materials:
Running The Labs
- The workshop course manual (see link above)
- The labs and solutions files (see link above)
- One of the following LaunchPad EVM's:
|MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad Kit||(MSP-EXP430F5529LP)||(US $12.99)|
|MSP430FR4133 FRAM LCD LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR4133)||(US $13.99)|
|MSP430FR5969 FRAM LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR5969)||(US $15.99)|
|MSP430FR6989 FRAM LCD LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP430FR6989)||(US $17.99)|
|MSP432P401R 32-bit LaunchPad||(MSP-EXP432P401R)||(US $12.99)|
One female-to-female jumper wire (here’s a pack of them, as an example, from adafruit).
If you are using the F5529 USB LaunchPad, you will need to use the new MSP-FET for measuring energy usage during the Low Power Optimization lab exercise.
- MSP-FET (Flash/FRAM Emulation Tool) supports measurement of energy with the EnergyTrace feature for all MSP430 devices (US $115.00)