TI Precision Labs - Motor Drivers: Brushless-DC Motors
Brushless-DC motors are used to get massive benefits in terms of quietness, efficiency, and power delivery, but there are some hurdles that need to be overcome to get the motor to spin. This video series explains what a brushless-DC motor is, how it works, and how you would drive it.
View videos in this series:
- Brushless-DC Basics - What a brushless-DC motor is, how it is constructed and what kind of circuit is required to spin it
- Sensored Vs. Sensorless Control - What sensored and sensorless means for a BLDC motor and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Comparison of Commutation Methods - Advantages and disadvantages of common BLDC driving methods
- Trapezoidal Commutation - How a brushless DC (BLDC) motor is commutated using trapezoidal commutation, the benefits and disadvantages and how it is implemented
- Sensorless Startup Methods - Advantages and disadvantages of the three main sensorless BLDC Motor startup methods – Align, Slow First Cycle, and Initial Position Detection