3.7 Optimize your Wide-VIN designs with LDOs
with Jose Gonzalez Torres
Does your project require wide input voltage parts? Whether you’re working Wide-VIN DC/DC converters, controllers, modules, LDOs, or FETs, you need to understand how to reduce cost and solution size without sacrificing reliability or performance.
Questions answered in this session:
- What is needed for efficient Wide-VIN designs?
- What are applications where Wide-VIN is a “must have”?
- What are potential design challenges?
- What wide-input compatibility, dropout and power dissipation details should I keep in mind?
- How do I determine current limit and protection?
- What’s the best way to approach thermal layout?
- What resources are available to help with Wide-VIN designs?
Course documents for download
Meet the presenter: Jose Gonzalez Torres
Jose grew up in Puerto Rico learning about electronics, mostly through taking apart household appliances and computers. He began his path as a computer engineer, and graduated university with a focus on hardware design and microprocessor firmware development. Jose joined TI in 2013, and now serves as a Product Marketing Engineer for TI’s low-dropout regulator (LDO) team.