This training is divided in three major sections, with details listed below.
- Key features for automotive DCDC regulators
- Overview of key specification for automotive DCDC regulators (input voltage range, dropout, switching frequency/effects on EMI, efficiency and quiescent current)
- Reducing EMI in DCDC buck regulators
- Short introduction to board layout guidelines for EMI, input filter design, spread spectrum fundamentals and finally some troubleshooting tips when tests fail
- Thermal Performance of DCDC regulators in automotive environment
- Discuss latest generation of switch mode power supplies intended for automotive applications, provide general guidelines for board layout