Power Tips: Compensating Isolated Power Supplies
Once you understand the transfer function of an opto-isolator and TL431 circuit, it becomes easier to compensate isolated power supplies. In this Power Tips "Ask the Expert" video Dave asks TI’s Brian King to do the math to derive this transfer function and gain insight to the location of the compensator poles and zeros.
- Read Power Tips: How to measure frequency response in isolated power supplies on TI’s Power house blog.
- Power Tips: Compensating Isolated Power Supplies article on EETimes.
- Read additional blog posts authored by Brian King.
- Learn more about the following power supply controllers related to this video:
- Download the following TI Design power reference designs:
- Visit TI's Power Tips blog series on Power House for more tips on power design challenges.
- Learn more about power topologies with the Power Topology Quick Reference Guide.
- View TI's World of Power series for additional training on power supply designs.
- Design the power stage of most commonly used switchmode power supplies with the Power Stage Designer™ Tool.
- For more power supply technical content, visit TI's comprehensive library of white papers from the popular TI Power Supply Design Seminar series.