Power Tips: DCAP vs. Voltage Mode
In this Power Tips video Dave asks TI power expert Bernd Geck to explain the benefits of the DCAP power architecture compared to voltage mode or current mode control. Bernd explains which one has better dynamic performance.
- Check out all Power Tips videos.
- TI Seminar white papers (via myTI registration):
- “Choosing the Right Fixed Frequency Buck Regulator Control Strategy.” Brian Cheng, Eric Lee, Brian Lynch and Robert Taylor
- “Choosing the Right Variable Frequency Buck Regulator Control Strategy.” Brian Cheng, Eric Lee, Brian Lynch, & Robert Taylor
- Product example: TPS53355 1.5V to 15V Input (4.5V to 25V Bias), 30A Synchronous Step-Down SWIFT™ Converter with Eco-mode™
- Blog post articles:
- Power Tips: How to reduce D-CAP control output capacitance by Manjing Xie
- Power Tips: How to measure Bode plots with DCAP regulators by Manjing Xie