Powersim & Texas Instrument: How to Simplify Sensorless Motor Drives
In this webinar, we covered the simulation and implementation of a complete sensorless motor drive using the InstaSPIN-FOC FAST algorithm. New PSIM functionality allows for designers to use InstaSPIN FAST during simulation and then use model based code generation for fast and easy implementation.
Case studies were used to highlight real problems faced by designers that have been quickly solved through the use of PSIM.
PSIM also made the generation of the motor parameter “.h” header file easy and has functionality that can generate stable PI controllers for Id, Iq, and speed based on your system and motor parameters.
This webinar introduced the functionality through the use of case studies highlighting real problems faced by designers that have been quickly solved through the use of PSIM’s functionality.
Co-hosted by Chris Clearman from Texas Instruments & Albert Dunford from Powersim, the developers of PSIM.
Attendees were able to learn about:
- InstaSPIN FAST PIL simulation.
- InstaSPIN motor parameter identification utility.
- Model based code generation and CCS project generation incorporating InstaSPIN.
- PSIM motor parameter header file (*.h) generation for InstaSPIN.
- Generating PI controllers for Id, Iq, and speed from motor & inverter design parameters.