TI Precision Labs (TIPL) is the most comprehensive online classroom for analog signal chain designers. From foundational knowledge to advanced concepts, our logical, sequenced and comprehensive teaching approach is both intuitive and practical. The training series, which includes videos and downloadable reference materials, will deepen the technical expertise of experienced engineers and accelerate the development of those early in their career.
Today, the most popular medium and high power audio amplifiers employ a Class-D working scheme due to high efficiency and excellent linearity. Compared to traditional analog amplifiers, Class-D uses high frequency pulse width modulation, similar to a switch mode power supply. Even though Class-D amplifiers incorporate negative feedback on supply voltage, the reality is that the output impedance of the power supply has an impact on audio quality.
What are the audio amplifier requirements for wireless / AI speaker? How TAS5825M improve battery lifetime and audio quality?
This section provides the overview of TAS5825M innovation features.
Compared with traditional PWM modulation, TAS5825M develops innovative Hybrid modulation, which dynamically maintains differential switching with several common duty options.
The benefits of Hybrid PWM modulation mainly includes:
- Higher efficiency for longer battery lifetime
- Good THD+N performance
- Ultra-low idle power dissipation and idle noise
This training section descripts some innovation features of TAS5825M, which includes:
- Real-time thermal foldback: maintain max safe output power for uninterrupted listening experience
- 122MHz DSP resource: 192kHz high definition audio processing or Smart Amp algorithm for better speaker protection
- Inductor less: state-of-the-art EMI reduction technology