1.1 TAS5825M / TAS5805M Class-D Amplifier Family Overview
The explosive growth in wireless and smart speakers is driving new requirements for audio amplifiers - higher efficiency and better audio performance.
Facing these new challenges, TAS5825M offers advanced features compared with traditional audio amplifiers, including:
- Hybrid PWM modulation to reduces power dissipation
- Real-time PVDD sensing for less clipping distortion
- Thermal foldback to avoid unexpected Over-Temperature shutdown
- Optional 192-kHz high-definition processing or Smart Amp algorithm for better speaker protection
- State-of-the-art EMI reduction technology for inductor-less solutions
The TAS5805M is a simpler device, making it more suitable for commodity applications that don't require as sophisticated processing and feature-set. The TAS5805M still supports 96-kHz sampling frequency, has enhanced process flows with 3 band DRC, 15 BQs per channel, and a level meter.