TI Precision Labs - Isolation: What is a digital isolator?
This section of the TI Precision Labs - Isolation series offers an inside look at modern digital isolators. You learn about the internal structure of a modern digital isolator, as well as an example of use cases and a brief introduction to the differences between capacitive digital isolator topologies of on-off-keying, and edge based architectures. This video will address the following questions:
- What is a digital isolator?
- How do capacitive digital isolators work?
- How does edge based isolation work?
- How does On Off Keying (OOK) isolation work?
- What do I need to know when using a digital isolator?
We've helped simplify digital isolator device selection. This short article will guide you through your decision.
Learn more about our portfolio of isolation products and resources at www.ti.com/isolation