1.1 TI Precision Labs - Multiplexers: On-Resistance Flatness and On-Capacitance
with Peggy Liska
This TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training video provides an overview of the on-resistance and on-capacitance parameters of multiplexers. Specifically, we will see how on-resistance can cause gain error and non-linearity as well as how on-capacitance can affect settling behavior of multiplexers. The goal of this series is to understand the DC performance parameters of multiplexers and how they affect data acquisition system performance. The multiplexer highlighted in this video series is the MUX36S08.
Watch the next video in the series, TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Multiplexers 2 - Leakage Current and Charge Injection (myTI login required), or see a complete list of TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training videos.
Course documents for download
- 2601- Basics of Multiplexers 1 - slides.pdf
- 2601 - Basics of Multiplexers 1 - MC questions-and-solutions.pdf
- 2601 - Basics of Multiplexers 1 - exercises-and-solutions.pdf
- 2601 - Basics of Multiplexers 1 - problem1.TSC
- 2601 - Basics of Multiplexers 1 - problem2.TSC
- 2601 - Basics of Multiplexers 1 - problem3.TSC
- Download the datasheet for the MUX36S08 multiplexer highlighted in this video.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the Logic Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision multiplexers, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/hvmux.