12.1 TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Electrical Overstress (EOS) 1
with Ian Williams
This is the first of four videos in the TI Precision Labs – Op Amps curriculum that addresses operational amplifier electrical overstress (EOS). In this training, we discuss the causes of electrical overstress and introduce several methods that can be used to improve circuit robustness against electrical overstress. All of the examples in this video show op-amp circuits, but the methods used could be applied to other devices as well. Follow up videos will give additional details showing how to select component values as well as test methods used to confirm electrical overstress robustness.
After watching the video, reinforce your learning with the following bonus content:
Watch the next video in the series: TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Electrical Overstress (EOS) 2 (my TI login required), or see a complete list of TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training videos.
Course documents for download
- Learn more about the National Instruments VirtualBench™ and TI Precision Labs - Op Amp Evaluation Module used in the hands-on lab modules.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/precisionamp.