11.1 TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
with Ian Williams
This TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Series training video addresses electrostatic discharge, or ESD. In this video we’ll explain how ESD can damage semiconductor components. We will also give detail on internal ESD protection circuits that are included in semiconductor devices. Finally, we will explain how ESD performance is characterized so that the robustness of the device is understood.
After watching the video, reinforce your learning with the following bonus content:
Watch the next video in the series, TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Electrical Overstress (EOS) 1 (myTI login required), or see a complete list of TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training videos.
Course documents for download
- Learn more about the National Instruments VirtualBench™ and TI Precision Labs - Op Amp Evaluation Module used in the hands-on lab modules.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/precisionamp.