4.1 TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Power and Temperature
with Ian Williams
This TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Series training video addresses relationship between power and temperature in operational amplifiers. In this video, we’ll discuss the power dissipation of amplifiers at DC and AC, describe the thermal model of an amplifier and use it to calculate the amplifier’s junction temperature, and describe the absolute maximum temperature ratings of the amplifier as well as its internal thermal protection schemes.
Course documents for download
- Learn more about the National Instruments VirtualBench™ and TI Precision Labs - Op Amp Evaluation Module used in the hands-on lab modules.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/precisionamp.