10.1 TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Stability 1
with Collin Wells
This is the first of seven videos in the TI Precision Labs – Op Amps curriculum that addresses operational amplifier stability. In this training video we will discuss the common causes of op-amp stability issues as well as how to identify stability issues in the lab using common equipment.
The remaining videos in the series will provide a review of Bode plots, basic stability theory, how to simulate op amp stability in SPICE, and address specific compensation techniques with detailed analysis of the solutions.
Before proceeding with the op amp stability series, the lectures and problem sections for Op-Amp Bandwidth one through three should be completed. The bandwidth series thoroughly discusses several key concepts used in stability theory that will only briefly be reviewed in the stability video series.
After watching the video, reinforce your learning with the following bonus content:
Course documents for download
- Learn more about the National Instruments VirtualBench™ and TI Precision Labs - Op Amp Evaluation Module used in the hands-on lab modules.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the TI Precision Labs - Op Amps Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/precisionamp.