2.13 TI Precision Labs - Switches and Muxes: Electrical Overstress
This TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training video provides an overview of multiplexer electrical overstress conditions. The goal of this series is to understand what causes electrical overstress damage as well as some methods for protecting against the damage using external components. The multiplexer highlighted in this video series is the MUX36S08.
Many of the concepts described in this video are also covered in TIPL 1401 to 1414, so you should review this material to get a more complete understanding of this subject.
Check out the complete list of other TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training videos.
PDFs for download
- Download the datasheet for the MUX36S08 multiplexer highlighted in this video.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the Logic Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/hvmux.