2.3 TI Precision Labs - Switches and Muxes: Leakage Current and Charge Injection
This TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training video provides an overview of leakage current and charge injection. Specifically, we will see how leakage current can cause offset errors in high input impedance data acquisition systems and how charge injection introduces output voltage error when multiplexer switches are turned on or off. The goal of this series is to understand the DC performance parameters of multiplexers and how they affect data acquisition system performance. The multiplexer highlighted in this video series is the MUX36S08.
Watch the next video in the series, TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Multiplexers 3 - Bandwidth, Channel-to-Channel Crosstalk, Off-Isolation and THD+Noise (myTI login required), or see a complete list of TI Precision Labs - Op Amps training videos.
PDFs for download
- Download the datasheet for the MUX36S08 multiplexer highlighted in this video.
- Download and install TINA-TI, the preferred simulator used exclusively with TI Precision Labs - Op Amps.
- Download the Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference e-book, which puts system- and board-level design formulas at your fingertips. Edited by precision op amp experts Art Kay and Tim Green, the book covers a wide variety of topics, including key constraints and conversions, op amp basic configurations, A/D and D/A conversion, and much more.
- Ask questions and interact with the authors in the Logic Forum on the TI E2E™ Community.
- Search TI precision op amps, and find reference designs and other technical resources: www.ti.com/hvmux.