TI Robotics System Learning Kit (TI-RSLK)
Thank you for your interest in the TI product family of robotic kits. Please note that the new, solderless kit is available through TI.com and is available to view at ti.com/rslk. The new training series can be found at training.ti.com/ti-robotics-system-learning-kit-max.
The TI-RSLK is a low-cost robotics kit and classroom curriculum which provides students with a deeper understanding of how electronic system designs work. Developed with university faculty, Jon Valvano of UT Austin, the TI-RSLK is designed to supplement university curriculum.
The TI-RSLK Maze Edition curriculum comes with 20 learning modules covering basic to advanced topics. Each module is complete with lecture videos and slides, lab documentation and demonstration videos, quizzes and classroom activities. The TI-RSLK is targeted to teach embedded systems and applications and can be expanded and used in a variety of engineering classes.
The curriculum covers:
- Electrical engineering concepts such as voltage, current, power and energy
- Microcontroller interfacing with sensors, actuators and motors, concepts of pulse width modulation, flash ROM, analog to digital conversion, digital to analog conversion and serial data transmission
- Software design and testing using multithreading and debugging
- Fundamental theories such as Nyquist, Central Limit and Little's Law
- Building systems using finite state machines (FSM), closed loop control, Bluetooth low energy and Internet of Things