Getting Started with TI-RTOS: Chapter 9—using semaphores (Hwi)
Chapter 9 covers these topics and answers these questions:
Where Semaphores Fit In
- What is a semaphore in TI-RTOS?
- How is a semaphore used in TI-RTOS?
How PEND and POST Work
- How does Semaphore_pend() work in TI-RTOS? BIOS? SYS/BIOS?
- How does Semaphroe_post() work in TI-RTOS? BIOS? SYS/BIOS? TI-RTOS kernel?
- How do you create a semaphore statically using .cfg file?
- How do you create a semaphore dynamically?
- What is a binary semaphore? What is a counting semaphore?
Lab 9 – Using Semaphores
- How do I program semaphores coming from an HWI to unblock a Task?
- How does Semaphore_create() work?
- How do HWIs work?
- How do you use TI Drivers and callback functions with TI Simplelink MCUs?
Advanced Topic – Semaphore Modes
- What is a FIFO semaphore?
- What is a priority-based semaphore?
- Compare/contrast FIFO vs. priority-based semaphores