Concepts of switching regulator EMI and noise mitigation
Before we dive into specific application-based examples of noise and EMI mitigation, let's start with the basics. What is noise? What is EMI? What is ripple? How are they measured? What are some common approaches to limiting their effects? This section discusses these topics with a more conceptual approach to serve as a primer for the rest of the series.
- Article: Reducing noise on the output of a switching regulator
- White paper: Simplify low EMI design with power modules
- Blog: Effects of IC package on EMI performance
- Blog: How you measure your ripple can make you or break you
- Application Note: Switch node ringing measurement and minimization with an RC snubber and bootstrap resistor
- Application Note: Analysis and Design of Input Filter for DC-DC Circuit
- Blog: What is a low noise inverting buck converter?