5.5 Simplifying touch sensing solutions for HMI applications
During this training we explore several touch sensing technologies, optimal Human Machine Interface applications for each and help navigate the selection process for your specific designs. Several applications are discussed in detail including HMI buttons and knobs, liquid level sensing and ice and frost detection, as well as other user interface applications like keypads and gesture recognition, and metal overlays. Our sensing experts guide you through the decision-making process using real-life application design challenges and share tips on how to get started quickly.
Questions answered during the training:
- What are the differentiating factors between CapTIvate™ technology, inductive sensing and capacitive sensing?
- In what applications do each of these technologies excel?
- When should you choose one technology versus another?
- What are the benefits of an integrated microcontroller?
- What is the basic theory of operation for inductive/capacitive sensing?